Wednesday 25 June 2014

june papertrey blog hop

 

It is that time of the month again.  And despite my busier schedule, I am happy to be able to participate.  I figure I needed to create a retirement card anyway, so why not use this adorable inspiration photo....
 

... along with this sketch....



and this colour combo (well, at least some of the colours).

 

And here is what I came up with... It is for a dear colleague of mine who is retiring from the company after more than 37 years of service.  Yes, 37 years! I am so happy for her and she has fabulous plans of travelling the world on this new phase of her life... hence the airplane!


 

I used various square dies from Papertrey, stamps (Mega Mixed Messages, Framed Out #1 and Little Hot Rod), paper (raspberry fizz, harvest gold and tropical teal), ink (true black, raspberry fizz) and cardstock (true black).  Lately, I find that I cannot create without putting some form of a black accent.  It is not any different with this card.  Love the impact a black colour brings to any project.

Thanks for stopping by and happy hopping!
 



13 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so sweet & fun, Irma! Great take on the sketch & colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet retirement card! I love your adorable little plane, it adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irma this is such a great design and super fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and the addition of the airplane adds a wonderful element of FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Irma. I like the frames in the pattern papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A happy card for a happy occasion! So cute with the plane headed up to the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your card made me coo! So so sweet I just love the patterned frames : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your black accent, too! I will have to try that. Love how you've used the frames here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun retirement card!! I love all the little extras.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your darling card! The black really makes the pretty colors pop.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...