Wednesday 6 November 2013

Cushion Covers

I recently had the urge to redecorate our guest bedroom so I decided to sew some cushion covers to bring some colour in the room. I used the vintage sheets that I have been hoarding and made three covers. Two of them were quilted using this tutorial from Fussy Cut.  
Quilted pillow cover
This one was made from an old pillowcase that fits the width of my pillow form. All I had to do was to shorten the length and add some plastic snaps. To jazz it up, I added some yoyo flowers, a huge button, and embroidered the word "hello". 


Close-up of the embroidery.
Here are all the pillows together
So there you go! A bedroom makeover without spending anything. Looking at the pillows just makes me happy.  

Bye for now. 










5 comments:

  1. Virna I love the Hello Cushion .. how inviting for a Guest Room x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...these are fabulous pillows...I would be smiling too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any guest would feel cheerful and welcome in this room! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at them makes me feel happy too! They are simply perfection - gorgeous. I saw one on Instagram and am so happy I came to check out the trio, as they really look great together. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...