Tuesday 22 October 2013

pwp #4 - lake moraine

Hope you are having a great start to your week!

I have another layout to share from our Banff vacation last summer.  Among the many lakes we saw, Lake Moraine is our absolute favourite. We love its stunning blue colour which it got from the refraction of light off the rock flour deposited in the lake from the surrounding glaciers.  We enjoyed the magnificent view from atop a rockpile as well as by the canoe docks.   The weather was not great during our first visit so we had to go back a second time the next day to enjoy it when the sun was out and bright! 

Here is my layout…
  

Isn’t it gorgeous?  I felt like I was looking at a lifesize postcard when I first saw it!

I used Papertrey’s Headline Alphabet dies and bitty dots patterned paper.  I also used Ali Edwards’ Fun Flair set and a tag from Pink Paisley.

Here's a close up…


I am also linking this to Leigh Penner’s Pages with Papertrey Challenge #4 here which is to create a layout in less than 30 minutes.  I wanted the photos to stand out in this layout so I kept the embellishments to a minimum.  This page really came together quickly for me.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. Wow...more stunning vacation photos of your beautiful family! Love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this, Irma! Fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos are just stunning! Canada is a place I would love to visit someday and this is a spot that I would love to see!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...