Sunday 3 March 2013

Decorating on a Dime

In line with my 2013 resolve to stay on track with a fiscal diet, I am paying homage to my purchases over kijiji and craigslist.  Just last week, I already noticed scuff marks on our newly installed hardwood floor.  Our area rug was no match for my 2 beasts (pups), Sam and Mambo.  I decided it was time to buy a bigger rug.    

But any purchase of this sort would definitely be outside my budget so I went looking at Kijiji for rugs.  I was hesitant at first because rugs are dust catchers if not well maintained so I was a bit wary of buying second-hand.  What I found was a steal!


This 2-year old rug was from a couple re-decorating their condo.  Sam is already enjoying

I also want to share my other purchases from Craigslist and Kijiji.
In keeping with my mid-century modern-theme, I couldn't pass up on this Sunburst clock that Craftmate Virna picked up from me as she lives close to seller

Both wire sculpture and liquor cabinet were Craigslist purchases

This inexpensive Asian inspired cabinet serves as our  CD storage and adds  a pop colour to our foyer

But like any other purchases, buyers beware.  A good read on tips for online purchases of used goods is from fellow blogger Karla.  Check out her blog:
My 1/2 Daily Dozen Blog on "6 Tips for Buying and Selling Online"  

Happy Shopping and Happy Sunday!
 


4 comments:

  1. Nice Scores Aimee, especially on Sam & Mambo's new rug. I would be curious as to how much the liquor cabinet was? you will have to pm me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I especially love the rug and the Asian inspired cabinet... beautiful! Thanks for the link love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely scored! I love the Asian cabinet, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have scored some beautiful items!!! Way to save!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...