Tuesday 12 February 2013

watercolour challenge


Hi crafty friends!  Today's challenge over at Papertrey's anniversary celebration is to create a project that uses some type of watercolour technique or look.  Watercolour is one of the growing trends currently. And Papertrey is coming out with a gorgeous set called Watercolor Wonder.  Can't wait to get my inky fingers on it!

Here is my card...




I used Papertrey's Wildflowers set, cardstock (new leaf, harvest gold, stampers white) and ink (berry sorbet and simply chartreuse).  I also diluted some pure poppy refill ink with water and swirl it around the floral image using a watercolour brush.

I also used one of Heather's favourite cards as my inspiration for this.  Here is her card.


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Irma this is such a pretty watercolor! Love the way the flower turned out. Colleen made almost the same card…great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Irma....I am learning a bit from every card I've seen on this challenge, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Irma! You're making me regret selling my Wildflower Garden set-- it works so well for the watercolour technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Irma...wonderful job coloring with watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh PTI has a wildflower set?

    Very pretty card! The watercoloring turned out beautifully!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...