Saturday 4 August 2012

moose


We celebrate Canada Day every 1st of July.  This year, we went to beautiful Niagara and started the long weekend with a wine tasting tour at the Harbour Estate Winery with some friends.  It was followed by a leisurely stroll  along the harbourside trail.


We ended the trail with a picnic lunch at the park overlooking the harbour and vineyards.  



For dinner, it was time for ribs!  Here is a layout I made showing DD having a great time sporting her moose crown.  She did not take it off until she was ready to go to bed, lol!


I used Papertrey dies (block alphabet), stamp (calendar basics) and cardstock (hibiscus burst, sweet blush, harvest gold, ripe avocado and simply chartreuse). I also used Martha Stewart cardstock, SP & Company's Stitchery Doo Stamp and some patterned papers from my stash.

Here is a close up of the journalling and banners with the stitching (even with stamped stitching, I couldn't get it completely right, ha!). 



Hope you are enjoying your weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet layout! I love how you used different coloured cardstock for the title!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...