Thursday 28 June 2012

make it monday #72

Today, I am again joining Papertrey's Make It Monday Challenge.  I love being able to create a card for the fun of it and not because I need to.  This also allows me to actually use my supplies instead of just lovingly gazing at them :)

This week's challenge is from the talented Dawn McVey.  She is one of my favourite PTI DT (design team) members.  I always like her style and the card I made for this challenge is a CASE of her typical card layout.   I got the inspiration from her recent post on vintage-inspired ephemera.

The challenge is to include a handmade embellishment in our creation.  And here is what I came up with...


I used PTI cardstock (rustic cream), stamp (button boutique, birthday basics), die (button card, beautiful blooms, sending you), felt (raspberry fizz, simply chartreuse), ink (dark chocolate) and patterned paper. 



I sponged some dark chocolate ink on the edge of the button card and card base to give it a vintage look. I am so happy with how it turned out.  What do you think?



6 comments:

  1. Really cute card and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card and beautifully executed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable.... I love the flowers and the cards..Just adorable...

    Thank you for linking up to the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY!!!

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute! I love the flowers. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great - how can you not love that flower? and you're killing me with that button boutique stamp - looks great here. these challenges are wonderful arent they - totally agree it lets you make stuff with no actual need (nobody's birthday etc) - and those supplies get used (not just lovingly gazed upon - LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is super cute!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I've started following your blog via GFC. Have a wonderful Sunday. :)

    Julie
    www.jamscorner.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...