Saturday 9 June 2012

make it monday #69

Today, I am joining Papertrey's Make It Monday challenge. A new challenge is posted here every Monday and anyone can participate by creating a project utilizing one's take on the challenge.  The project must use at least one Papertrey product.

For this week, Nicole showed us how she uses random bits of inspiration to create unique sketches as a foundation for projects.  We are challenged to make a project using one of the sketches she created.

Today, we are attending a little girl's birthday party.  I want to make her a card so I decided to use the first sketch as my inspiration.



And here is the card I came up with...  This is the first time that I made a card with some elements of it going outside my card base.  I have always thought that all my cards should fit in an A2 envelope.  Since I am giving this to the receiver in person, I thought why not "go outside the box". And it feels quite liberating.  I will definitely do this again.  



Using one of my all-time favourite colour combos --
raspberry fizz, aqua mist and harvest gold

Wow, I used 100% Papertrey products on this project. I used Papertrey's cardstock (Stamper's Select white, Harvest Gold), PP (Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist), stamps (Up Up and Away, Simple Sentiments), dies (Edgers #3, double ended banner) and ink (Raspberry Fizz and Smokey Shadow). 


And here is what I stamped on the inside...


Thanks for looking!


12 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Irma! I love how you used the Edgers #3 dies, as well as those sweet hot air balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cheerful! Love the colors, the dots and how you used that edger's die! (oh,i miss Orchard Road, too! Haha! I rarely go there except to go to the LSSs :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, Irma! I "go outside the box" with elements all the time--and yes, I do have envelope problems, LOL--but it can be very effective in the overall design. Congrats for taking a risk, it paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. How cool that you stamped on patterned paper, and those balloons are the perfect little embellishment trio. Great use of the simple sentiments. I always forget about that set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, I always like elements going off the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute, great ideas on your blog. Stopping by from Friday Shout out link party

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like your take on on the sketch - and I've never gone outside the lines LOL but i love seeing it - my cards almost always go in the mail :-( I think i shall have to try for perhaps Father's Day for my husband - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! Love the balloon stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO adorable... I wish I had more patience and crafty idea's to do this kind of stuff... Mine never looks this good... Really cute! thanks for linking up with the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY and sharing.....


    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Irma. I, like Carri, wish I had the patience for something like this. I do make handmade cards at Christmas, but nothing this elaborate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love hot air balloons! It looks wonderful! Thanks for linking up to the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...